How many times have we heard people yearning about revisiting their childhood – Those golden days when life was stress free, nonchalant, we used to play all day long with sheer delight and were power house of peculiarity. There was only innocence, exuberance and bliss all around. I inadvertently have to admit that being grown up sucks sometimes. All we get to do is encounter endless competition to stay in this mad race, pay bills, come across envy, fake friendship and lifelong insecurity of being back stabbed. That innocuous radiance on our faces has vanished.
Those joyful days when we were not so keen on going to school :P, waiting zealously for the recess, leisurely playing with friends, coming home hopping with a heavy bag, watching our favorite Disney cartoons for endless hours, playing innumerable games in the evenings, raising new demands to Moms for snacks and dinner and then finally surrendering to a peaceful sleep. All this invariably raises a great degree of nostalgia and induces us to somehow get a chance to relive those enthralling days.
Here I would help you do just that. So put on your seat belts and get ready to take a journey back to your past and revisit those perky days:
1. Hit your nearby park in the evening and try out all sort of swings
2. Get that big scoop of icecream
3. Treat yourself with all sort of candies – Mango Bite, Alpenliebe, Hajmola, Orange Candy, Pan Pasand, Swad, Boomer etc.
4. Put on your favorite pajama and those printed t-shirts having your favorite cartoon characters. Illuminated devil hairband and monster face mark would be an added advantage
5. Call your school friends and recall that golden era
6. Revisit your childhood’s favorite places like parks, amusement parks , halls where you hardly step now
7. Get ready to satiate your taste bud with those sumptuous dishes from your childhood. It would be better if you could ask your Mom/Grand Mom to make it for that similar taste
8. Go for a walk with your Grand Dad/Dad and relive those days when you used to get milk and pluck flowers
9. Taste that pickle again with dal chawal accompanied with a pinch of ghee
10. Get your art book ready and play with the crayons or water colors
11. Play your favorite series of cartoons – Jungle Book, Duck Tales, Mickey Mouse, Tom and Jerry, Ninja Turtles etc. and enjoy the spell like a kid
12. Watch your favorite shows like Dekh Bhai Dekh, Small Wonder, Hum Paanch, Shriman Shrimati, Antakshari, Chitrahaar etc. and you will still get that breath of freshness
13. Reopen your family album and videos and recall all the memories at one go and you would be found laughing at your dressing sense or posture
14. Collect your school pictures and refresh all those crazy moments at school. Don’t frown on your mother for dressing you up like a total nerd 😛
15. Meet your teachers from school and let them know that you still miss them
16. Get that big glass of chocolate milk and drink with a straw and slurp loudly. I bet everyone will join you in laughter after partnering in the crime
17. Collect your cousins for another set of Carom board or Cards or Ludo or Snakes and Ladder or outdoor games like Wish Amrit, Chain Chain, Kho Kho etc
18. Get hold of those Chacha Choudhari, Pinki, Panchtantra and Nandan and you would instantly recall how you used to fight over it
19. Search for that Bhelpuri wale Bhaiya and relish that mind-boggling taste
20. Try Stuffs like Imli and Raw Mango and you would instantly be reminded of the time when you used to crave for them like crazy
21. Search for your childhood crush online for the sake of old days 😛
I have revisited my childhood through this article and hoping to explore more ways by your comments. It would be great if you could leave a comment mentioning your favorite childhood memory.